Basic Science & Humanities
Teaching Experience :
Electrochemistry, Fuel cell, Coordination chemistry, Spectroscopic analysis, Solid state chemistry
Inorganic chemistry, Environmental Science, Material science, Industrial chemistry
Selective Research Articles
1. D.Dey, H.R. Yadav, Abhranil. De, S. Chatterjee, Milan Maji, A.R. Choudhury, N. Kole, B. Biswas,* Synthesis, structural characterization and solution property of an one dimensional Pb(II)-bipyridine coordination polymer, J. Coord. Chem. 68 (2015) 169-180.
2.D.Dey, Abhranil.De, S. Pal, P. Mitra, A. Ranjani, L. Gayathri, S. Chandraleka, D. Dhanasekaran, M. A. Akbarsha, N. Kole & Bhaskar Biswas,* Synthesis, crystal structure, catecholase activity, DNA cleavage and anticancer activity of a dinuclear manganese(III)- bipyridine complex, Indian Journal of Chemistry, 54A (2015) 170-178
3. D.Dey, Abhranil De, H. R. Yadav, P.S. Guin, A. RoyChoudhury, N. Kole & B. Biswas*, An Oxido-Bridged Diiron(II) Complex as Functional Model of Catechol Dioxygenase, Chemistry Select(Chem Pub Soc Europe), DOI: 10.1002/slct.201600575
4. Abhranil De, B. Chowdhury, A. Roy Choudhury & B. Biswas*, Organic Base Assisted Catecholase Activity of A Low Spin Iron(II)- Phenanthroline Complex, J. Inst. Chemists (India), vol. 88, Part 1, 2016.
5. Abhranil De, M. Garai, H. R. Yadav, A. Roy Choudhury & B. Biswas*, Catalytic promiscuity of an iron(II) phenanthroline complex, Applied Organometallic Chemistry, (Accepted: 8June 2016)DOI: 10.1002/aoc.3551
6. Abhranil De, D. Dey, H. R. Yadav, M. Maji, V. rane, R. M. Kadam, A. Roy Choudhury & B. Biswas, Unprecedented hetero-geometric discrete copper(II) complexes: Crytal structure and bio-mimicking of Catecholase activity, J. Chem. Sci, DOI 10.1007/s12039-016-1186-x
Book Chapter Written
A tribute to People’s man APJ Abdul Kalam who served our nation through his life and works, Edited by Dr.B Biswas, 15th October 2015, Shreelipi, Medinipur 721101, ISBN No. 978-81-929996-9-2
1.Engineering Chemistry with Problems and Solutions by Abhranil De & Amrita Lal De, Scitech Publications (India) Pvt. Ltd. Revised Edition-November 2010, ISBN 978-81-8371-3078
2. Physical Chemistry (Theory, Problems & Solutions) Vol 1 by Abhranil De & Amrita Lal De, Books And Allied (P) Ltd. First Edition-2015, ISBN 9789384294595
Book Chapter Reviewed
1.Engineering Chemistry(Revised First Edition) by Rina Paladhi, McGraw-Hill Education Private Limited( New Delhi), ISBN 9780070699847
2. Engineering Chemistry by B. Sivasankar, McGraw-Hill Education Publishing Company Limited (New Delhi), ISBN 9780070669321
Awards and Fellowship
- National Merit Scholarship awarded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Departmentof Education, Govt. of India for academic excellence in B.Sc (Hons) examination.
- ‘Parameshwar Mallick’ Scholarship awarded for securing first position in the B.Sc Part I and PartIIcombined Examination of the Burdwan University,2002 among the students of the Hooghly MohsinCollege in Chemistry Honours.
- ‘Bholanath Bose’ Scholarship awarded for securing first position in the B.Sc Part I and PartIIcombined Examination of the Burdwan University,2002 among the students of the Hooghly MohsinCollege in Chemistry Honours.
- Certificate of Merit awarded in the Science Aptitude & Talent Search Test organized by ‘All IndiaScience Teachers Association’, held in the years 1991 and 1992-93.
Contribution to Conference/Symposium/Workshop
- National Level Seminar on "Recent Trends in Appllied Sciences and Humanities and its Influence on Technological and Socioeconomic Development "~ By Department of Applied Sciences and HU, DIATM,Durgapur -12 in Associatation with IEI,Durgapur Local Centre.(March 7-9 ,2017) (Poster Presentation).
- State Level Seminar on “ A Scientific, Social & Economic Impact on Environment: Awarness, Benefits & Limittions”, by Teachers’ Council, Raghunathpur Colleger, Purulia, India, Oral Presentation on : Coral Reefs: An Integrated Part of Ecosystem, (10th January, 2017).
- National Level Science Academies’ Lecture Workshop on “Chemistry An Innovation Driver in Materials Science”, by Teachers’ Council, Raghunathpur Colleger, Purulia, India (27th & 28th September, 2016) as Participant.
- National Symposium on Recent Advances in Chemistry & Industry 2016 (with special emphasis on Pharmaceutical Industry), by Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata, India, (2nd & 3rd August, 2016) as Participant.
- International Symposium on Modern Trend in Inorganic Chemistry – XVI (MTIC-XVI), Kolkata, India (3rd -5th December, 2015) as Participant.
- National Conference on Recent Trends In Functional Materials in relation to Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology (RTFMNN), by Dept. of Chemistry, St. Paul’s Cathedral Mission College, Kolkata, India (4th -5th February 2016) (Poster presentation)
- State level Seminar on “ A Tribute to People’s Man A.P.J Abdul Kalam Who Served Our Nation Through His Life & Works” organized by Dept. of Chemistry, Raghunathpur Colleger, Purulia, India, (15th October ,2015) (Participant).
- Science Academies’ Lecture Workshop on “Recent Advances in Chemistry: Challenges and Opportunities” by Dept. of Chemistry, Raghunathpur College, Purulia, India.(21st and 22nd August 2014) (Participant)
- National Seminar on Recent Trends in Applied Sciences and Humanities, by Dept. of Applied Science and Humanities, DIATM, Kolkata, India (30th – 31st October, 2013) (Participant)
- National Seminar on Green Chemistry and Sustainable Agriculture Practices: A Step Towards Better Future Organized by Dept. of Chemistry, Panchakot Mahavidyalaya, Raghunathpur College, Purulia, India (1st – 2nd OFebruary, 2013) (Participant).
- National Seminar on “Recent Advances in Chemical Sciences” organized by by Dept. of Chemistry, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan, India (15th – 17th March, 2012) (Participant).
- National Seminar on International Year of Chemistry: Chemistry in Our Lives under the thrust area “ Design, Synthesis, Interaction, Chemical and Biochemical Activities of Different Functional Molecules” organized by Dept. of Chemistry, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan, India (15th – 17th March, 2011) (Participant)
- National Level seminar on “ Chemistry: A Pathway To Biological Processes” organized by Dept. ofChemistry, Hooghly Mohsin College, Hooghly in collaboration with Dept. of Chemistry, Bidhannagar College, Kolkata, India (24th- 25th September 2010) (Participant)
- National Seminar on “Chemistry Today” organized by Dept. of Chemistry, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan, India (18th- 20th March, 2010) (Participant)
- .National Seminar on “ Current Trends in Chemistry-IV (NSCTC-IV)” organized by Dept. of Chemistry, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, West Bengal, India (26th February, 2010) (Participant).