The Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the oldest and broadest traditional engineering disciplines that apply the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. In this perspective, Hooghly Engineering & Technology College has started the Mechanical Engineering Department in the year of 2010 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students. Current intake is 75 including TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) scheme and Lateral entry. Within a very short span the department has been setting up gradually very high standards in terms of infrastructure as well as quality education as per need of the ‘present day’ with the help of a group of extremely dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and technical staff members with the active supports from members of all other departments as well as administration. The Department provides ample laboratory facilities and hands-on training to the students.
Vision of the department:
The Department strives to be recognized as a centre of excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering by imparting high class education and research facilities with well experienced faculty and staff members of proven ability and administrative skills leading to professionally competent and broadly educated mechanical engineers having the capability to design, plan, administer and manage the latest technologies in the field of mechanical engineering and to face future challenges.
Mission of the department:
- Prepare effective and responsible Mechanical Engineers for global requirements by providing quality education.
- Promote the intellectual growth of the students by integrating academic programs with practical knowledge and co-curricular activities.
- Respond effectively to meet the needs of the industry and changing world.
- Conduct basic and applied research to motivate and inspire students to take up higher studies and research.
- Provide consultancy to the neighborhood and cultivate the spirit of entrepreneurship