Program Assessment and Quality Improvement Committee (PAQIC)
The Program Assessment and Quality Improvement Committee was formed pursuant to the resolution adopted in the meeting of the Departmental Advisory Board held on 31st October, 2013 in the department of Civil Engineering for the purpose of providing academic support services.
Composition: The present composition of the PAQIC is as follows.
Chairman: Professor, N.B. Basu (H.O.D), Civil Engineering Department.
Convener: Professor Tanumoy Ghosh, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department.
1. All the faculty members of the Civil Engineering Department.
2. All the technical staff of the Civil Engineering Department.
3. Professor Avijit Maity, H.O.D, Electrical Engineering Department.
4. Professor Mousami Das, D.I.C, Computer Science Engineering Department.
5. Professor Swagata Mallick, DIC, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department.
Roles and responsibilities: The roles and responsibilities of PAQIC are as follows.
• To frame policies and procedures that help to maintain an academic assessment process of the Hooghly Engineering and Technology College and implementation thereof.
• To assist academic units of the various disciplines of Hooghly Engineering and Technology College with assessment pertaining to student learning and development.
• To invite qualified personnel to enrich the deficient areas of teaching leaning process for development of efficient teaching methodology.
Mandate: The recommendations of the Committee have to be carried out by the concerned members of the faculty of the concerned departments. The Principal has to be informed once in a semester, of the status of academic assessment process and its results thereof.
Along with the above committees, as and when required some adhoc committees are formed for conducting different activities.