The Departmental Advisory Board (DAB) was formed with the goal of creating a bridge between industry and academics considering the latest requirements of the industry and incorporating necessary components in the curriculum as much as possible and also to guide the Programme Assessment and Quality Improvement Committee (PAQIC) regarding overall development of the department.
The DAB is composed of members from eminent institutions as well as members from industry and members of faculty of the civil engineering department of HETC. The present composition of the DAB is as follows.
Composition: The DAB is composed of,
1. Prof. (Dr.) N.B. Basu (H.O.D)
2. Prof. (Dr.) Sankar Prasad Mukherjee (Chaiman, IQAC)
3. Prof. (Dr.) Sumanta Bhattacharyya (Principal, HETC)
4. Prof. (Dr.) Sudip Kumar Roy (IIEST, Shibpur) (External Academician)
5. Prof. (Dr.) Sujit Kumar Dalui (IIEST, Shibpur) (External Academician)
6. Mr. Surojit Mondal (Feynman Technology Service) (Industry Representative)
7. Mr. S.K. Maiti, Senior Technical Director,Simplex Infrastructures Ltd (Industry Representative)
8. Mr. Sumanta Chaudhuri, Vice-President Techno Electric & Engineering Company Ltd (Industry Representative)
7. Prof. Rajdip Paul (Programme Coordinator)
8. Prof. Tanumoy Ghosh (Programme Coordinator)
9. Prof. Arpita Chattopadhyay (Module Coordinator)
10. Prof. Jayanta Bandyopadhyay (Module Coordinator)
11. Prof. Arpita Das (Course Coordinator)
Roles and responsibilities: The roles and responsibilities of DAB are as follows.
a) To finalize all academic decisions of the department.
b) On receipt of the report of the Programme Assessment and Quality Improvement Committee (PAQIC), the DAB monitors the progress of the programme.
c) The DAB develops and recommends new or revised programme goals and objectives.